What are the most expensive yachts in the world?
Ever find yourself curious about the world’s most expensive and largest yachts in the world?
Here’s a list of the Top 10 Mega Yachts and Yacht Brands in the World:
1) Azzam: The biggest yacht in the world comes in at a whopping 179 meters (590 feet) long. This luxury yacht owned by the president of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan cost $600 million USD to build. Sheikh Khalifa had it built by Lürssen Yachts, one of the top luxury yacht brands and the interior was designed by the upscale French designer, Christophe Leoni.
2) The History Supreme: The world’s most expensive yacht is must smaller, at just 100 feet, but The History Supreme makes up for it’s smaller size in the fact that 100,000 kg (approximately 220,000 lbs) of gold, platinum, and other expensive, precious metals were used in the creation of this luxury boat. The sleeping area contains a wall made of an actual meteor found in the desert of Arizona and real tyrannosaurus rex bones! The whole yacht cost $4.8 billion dollars to build…yes, that’s BILLION, not million! If you are lucky enough to be in the presence of The History Supreme, you’ll even find hundreds of diamond and a panoramic aquarium wall made with 24 karat gold. While the owner of this large, multi-billion dollar yacht hoped to remain anonymous, word has it that Robert Kuok, a Malaysian billionaire owns it.
3) The Dilbar Yacht that was produced by one of the top yacht companies, Lürssen. The Dilbar is the company’s largest creation with seven decks and a gross volume of 15,917 tons! This yacht has the largest swimming pool on a yacht at 180 cube meters.
4) Streets of Monaco: Although it has not been completed yet, the blueprint alone for this yacht is so over the top and bizarre, that we had to put it on the list. The Streets of Monaco will essentially be a 500-foot long replication of the city of Monaco. A replica of the Monte Carlo Casino will be found on the main deck, including the stunning atrium, spiral staircases, cafes, and seven private suites. If lucky enough to be in the presence of this yacht once completed, you’ll even find helicopters, submarines, multiple pools, and a go-kart track onboard.
5) The Luna is another one of the top yachts in the world, but the story of it is almost as intriguing as the vessel itself. A Russian businessman named Farkhad Akhmedov was in a battle with his ex-wife over custody of the yacht. While he won the battle for the yacht, he was subjected to pay $600 million GBP to his ex, making it Britain’s most pricey divorce settlement. But with two helipads and a pool, what else could you need?
6) Bavaria Sailing Yachts is one of the most expensive sailboats and yacht brands, these German-made yachts are made of only the highest quality material. They make motor yachts, catamarans, and sailing yachts.
7) Eclipse: This yacht is also owned by a Russian businessman and is so exclusive that the owner, Roman Abramovic, installed a security system that scans for paparazzi cameras and blocks the lens with a laser so strangers cannot photograph it. Of course, it also contains 24 guest cabins, dual swimming pools, a mini-submarine, and two helipads.
8) Lürssen Yachts designed the naval architectural detail of both the Eclipse and Azzam yachts. This family-run German company that has been building yachts for over 140 years is at the top of the game for luxury yacht production. They only collaborate with top interior designers for their yachts and have even broken into the market for naval shipbuilding.
9) Feadship Yachts, based in the Netherlands, primarily creates custom yachts. The craftsmanship of these yachts is something, unlike other companies. One ship named Archimedes even has elaborate, marble mosaic floors that are handmade. This boat’s theme, as expected, is Greek mythology.
10) Heesen Yachts, also based in the Netherlands focuses on incorporating cutting edge technology on their yachts. What sets their yachts apart are their aluminium build; this is ideal for a shallow draft, which allows a boat to operate in just a few feet of water.
Now you can impress your friends with the top 10 yacht names and brands…but will you be the next top yacht owner?!